Friday, August 12, 2011

Baked Spaghetti

I'm from the noodle town in China and I can't live without noodles in my life. Now spaghetti becomes one of my favorite since it resembles so much the tomato sauce noodles my family make, but nothing can be compared to homemade noodles in my hometown.
This easy spaghetti bake recipe from New Cookbook makes me feel like I'm having homemade noodles...

8 ounces packaged dried thin spaghetti, broken in half
12 ounces lean ground beef
1&1/2 cups chopped onions
1 cup chopped green pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1 10.75-ounce can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 10.75-ounce can condensed tomato soup
1&1/3 cups water
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish. Boil spaghetti until lightly cooked, drain.
    In a large skillet cook beef, onions, green peppers and garlic until beef color is not red. Stir in mushroom soup, tomato soup and water. Stir in 1&1/2 cups of the cheese, salt and black pepper. Stir in cooked spaghetti. Transfer mixture to the baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment