Thursday, August 11, 2011

Custard Pie

The reason why I made this is that I really miss a type of Chinese tart. And custard pie resembles that, so I found a recipe from New Cookbook and tried, I am satisfied :)

1 recipe pastry pie crust (I used Pillsbury Pie Crust)
4 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
2 cups hal-and-half light cream, or whole milk

    Preheat oven to 450 degress. Line a 9-inch pie plate with pastry pie crust and trim. Crimp edge as desired. Line pastry with two layers of foil. Bake for 8 munites. Remove foil. Bake another 4 minutes. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
    For filling, beat eggs to get yolks in a bowl, stir in sugar, vanilla, salt and nutmeg. Stir in cream until combined. Pour filling into crust. To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of pie with foil (IMPORTANT!!). Bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 15 to 20 minutes. Cool for 1 hour before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment